2 1/2 to 3 pounds
grass-fed beef rump roast
carrots, peeled and chopped into bite-sized pieces
parsnips, peeled and chopped into bite-sized pieces
turnips, peeled and chopped into bit-sized pieces
whole black peppercorns
1 1/2 cups
red wine, preferably cabernet sauvignon
light beef stock, preferably homemade
fresh parsley, chopped fine
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- In a heavy-bottomed, oven-proof Dutch oven or clay baker, heat butter until melted. Gently brown the roast on all sides in the butter and set aside
- Add chopped carrots, parsnips and turnips to the Dutch oven or clay baker.
- Season the beef and vegetables with bay leaves, thyme and whole black peppercorns.
- Pour red wine and beef stock over the vegetables and meat, place in the oven and bake, covered, for three to four hours.
- Remove from oven and garnish with chopped fresh parsley.
From www.foodily.com with permission. © 2010-2012 Foodily.com, Inc.
For more recipes go to