small pasta shells
1 15-ounce can
ready-cut diced tomatoes with their juice
1 7-ounce can
jar roasted red peppers, well drained and diced
black olives, pitted and roughly chopped
crushed red pepper flakes
finely chopped fresh parsley
1 1/2 teaspoons
crumbled feta cheese
- Bring a large quantity of water to boil in a stockpot. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds; do not let it brown. Remove the pan from the heat and set aside.
- Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook until very al dente, soft but not quite cooked through. It will continue to cook in the oven. Drain thoroughly in a colander and place back in the pot. Pour on the garlic oil and toss well. Let cool to room temperature, tossing occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Mix in all the remaining ingredients. Place in a shallow 3-quart casserole (such as a 13×9 inch pan). Cover with foil. (The pasta can be assembled and refrigerated up to 24 hours in advance. Bring to room temperature before baking.)
- Bake, covered, for 25 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Remove the foil and bake another 5 minutes to lightly brown the top of the casserole.
Adapted from Vegetarian Classics
From www.foodily.com with permission. © 2010-2012 Foodily.com, Inc.
For more recipes go to