- 2 cups mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 dash red chili pepper or paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon ground pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- Step 1
- Pour 1 cup of water in a pan. Add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, bay leaf, coriander and pepper. Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Step 2
- Clean and rinse the mushrooms then cut into thin slices. Add them to pan, boil again for one minute and remove from heat.
- Step 3
- Add parsley, red chili pepper or paprika, mix gently and let cool.
- Step 4
- When serving, strain the mushroom mixture and then place them in a dish and sprinkle with the remaining 3 tablespoons of lemon juice. (Note: other vegetables may also be prepared Greek-style: thinly sliced leeks, carrots or turnip sticks, cauliflower, thinly sliced cucumbers or artichoke hearts.)
© 2015 WebMD, LLC. All rights reserved.