- 1 tablespoon butter or canola margarine
- 1 cup fat-free or light sour cream
- 2 tablespoons quick-mixing flour (regular flour can also be used)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 16 ounce bag frozen French-style green beans (if you want to use canned, use 3 cans, 14.5-ounce each, drained)
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled reduced fat crackers (buttery, not soda crackers), about 10 crackers
- canola cooking spray
- Step 1
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9x9-inch baking dish with canola cooking spray.
- Step 2
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in 2 cup glass measure in microwave. Stir in 2 tablespoons of the sour cream and the flour. Add remaining sour cream, salt, and sugar, and stir until well blended.
- Step 3
- In large bowl, blend the sour cream mixture with the green beans and half of the cheddar cheese and spread mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Step 4
- Spread remaining cheese over the top and top with the cracker crumbs. Spray the cracker topping lightly with canola cooking spray.
- Step 5
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the top is golden and sauce is bubbly.
© 2012 WebMD, LLC. All rights reserved.