Get your daily dose of dark leafy greens any time of day with this delicious green smoothie. Ground flaxseed adds omega-3s. Pour any extra into a freezer-pop mold and have it later as a frozen green smoothie pop.
- 2 medium bananas, ripe
- 1 pear, or apple; ripe, peeled if desired, chopped
- 2 cups kale leaves, chopped, tough stems removed
- 1/2 cup orange juice, cold
- 1/2 cup water, cold
- 12 ice cubes
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed, ground
- Step 1
- Place bananas, pear (or apple), kale, orange juice, water, ice cubes and flaxseed in a blender. Pulse a few times, then puree until smooth, scraping down the sides as necessary.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more recipes go to EatingWell.com