ground white pepper
fresh basil, finely chopped
fresh orange juice
ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and chopped
- Fill a Dutch oven with water; add juice of 1 lime. Carefully trim leaves from artichoke tops and remove outer layers of leaves. Slice an inch off the artichoke stems and place each artichoke into the lime water.
- With all 4 artichokes in the lime water, cover the Dutch oven and bring to a boil; boil for 15-20 minutes or until artichokes are soft and tender. Transfer artichokes to a plate and let cool for approximately 5-10 minutes or until safe to handle.
- Meanwhile, preheat grill to medium-high heat. Slice each artichoke in half, lengthwise. Spoon out the inner fuzzy layers of the artichokes ‘the choke’ and brush each half with oil, then sprinkle with sea salt, pepper and chili powder.
- Transfer artichoke halves to the hot grill; grill until tender, approximately 7-8 minutes per side.
- In a food processor, combine curry paste, basil, cashews, avocado and orange juice; process until smooth and creamy. Transfer to a bowl, cover and place into the fridge until ready to serve.
- Remove artichokes from grill; place onto a serving platter. Drizzle with the juice from one lime and serve with Basil Curry Sauce.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature dipped into Basil Curry Sauce.
From www.foodily.com with permission. © 2010-2012 Foodily.com, Inc.
For more recipes go to