This freshwater favorite is a snap on the grill. Grilling with the skin on keeps the fish from falling apart and gives the skin a delightful crispy texture. Enjoy with a glass of Sauvignon Blanc.
- 1/4 cup fresh tarragon, plus 4 whole sprigs, chopped
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon shallot, chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 1 15-ounce can small white beans, rinsed
- 1/3 cup roasted red peppers, chopped
- 4 cleaned whole rainbow trout (about 5 ounces each)
- 12 thin slices of lemon (1-2 lemons)
- Step 1
- Whisk chopped tarragon, lemon juice, oil, shallot, 1/4 teaspoon salt, sugar and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in a medium bowl until combined. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the dressing; add beans and peppers to the rest and toss to combine.
- Step 2
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Coat a large fish-grilling basket with cooking spray. Stuff each trout with 3 slices lemon and 1 tarragon sprig. Sprinkle inside and out with the remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Place in the basket.
- Step 3
- Grill the fish until the skin is golden and crispy, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Carefully remove the lemon and tarragon, drizzle the fish with the reserved dressing and serve with the bean salad.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more recipes go to EatingWell.com