A vibrant herb paste brings robust flavor to a delicate fish.
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, freshly grated
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon pitted green olives, chopped
- 2 teaspoons drained capers, rinsed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound halibut fillet, cut into 4 portions
- Step 1
- Place onion, parsley, cilantro, lemon zest, lemon juice, olives, capers, garlic and pepper in a food processor; pulse several times to chop. Add oil and process, scraping down the sides several times, until a pesto-like paste forms. Pat halibut with the herb paste. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Step 2
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat a 7 x 11 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Arrange the halibut in the dish and spoon any extra herb mixture on top. Bake, uncovered, until the fish is opaque in the center, 15 to 20 minutes. Serve immediately.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more recipes go to EatingWell.com