Broccoli and Cheddar Quiche Recipe continued...
Makes 6 servings.
- 2 tablespoons trans-fat-free tub margarine
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 12-ounce can 2% evaporated milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 10-ounce box chopped frozen broccoli, thawed, or 2 cups broccoli, cooked and chopped
Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a 10-inch pie pan with nonstick vegetable cooking spray.
In a medium skillet, heat the margarine over medium heat. Add the onions and saute until translucent. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the evaporated milk, eggs, flour, and pepper. Set aside.
Sprinkle 1/2 cup of the cheese into the pie pan. Top with the cooked onions and the broccoli.
Pour the milk and egg mixture into the pie pan. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes before serving.
Raisin Walnut Bread Recipe
Makes two loaves.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups uncooked 1-minute oatmeal
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1.5 cups raisins
- 1.5 cups chopped walnuts
- 2.5 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 2/3 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup 1% low-fat milk
Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease and flour two loaf pans.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the applesauce, canola oil, eggs, and milk.
Add the applesauce mixture to the flour mixture, and stir until the dry ingredients are moistened.
Fill the prepared pans with the batter, dividing evenly. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let bread cool before slicing.