This salad is crunchy thanks to the pears, apples, and celery. The dried fruit and nuts make it festive
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces, or substitute walnut pieces
- 3 diced pears such as red Bartlett or Anjou, ripe but still crisp
- 1 large crisp apple, like Granny Smith or Fuji, diced
- 1 1/2 cups celery, sliced on a diagonal
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, or dried cherries
- 1/3 cup Apple Cider Dressing, instructions below
- Step 1
- Blend 1 1/2 tablespoons of maple butter (at room temperature) with 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, and then stir in 1/4 cup apple cider. If it doesn't blend well, microwave on high briefly, and then stir.
- Step 2
- To toast nuts, add to small nonstick frying pan and cook, stirring often, over medium heat until lightly brown and fragrant. Set aside to cool.
- Step 3
- Add diced pears and apples, sliced celery, and dried cranberries to serving bowl. Add apple cider dressing; toss gently. Sprinkle toasted nuts over the top and serve.
© 2015 WebMD, LLC. All rights reserved.