egg, beaten, egg substitute can be substituted
1 1/4 cups
1 3/4 cups
white bread flour, unbleached white or all-purpose flour can be substituted
ground cinnamon, optional
active dry yeast, 1 packet can be used
melted butter or canola oil, optional
- Add all the ingredients to the bread machine pan in the order recommended by the manufacturer (for my machine it is in the order listed here) -- the last ingredient added is usually the yeast and you make a well in the center of the flour and then add the yeast.
- Set bread machine to the DOUGH cycle (usually 1 hour and 40 minutes) and press START.
- When the bread machine is done, remove the dough from the pan and break or cut into 12 balls (or add dough to a loaf pan coated with canola cooking spray). Place balls on a cookie sheet that has been coated with canola cooking spray. Cover with plastic wrap that has been sprayed with canola cooking spray (so it doesn't stick to the dough) and place in refrigerator to rise overnight or while you work or play during the day (or let it rise in a warm place until doubled in size).
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Gently brush the top of the rolls or bread loaf with melted butter or canola oil, then sprinkle oats over the top of the rolls if desired.
- Bake rolls for about 15 minutes or until they are golden brown and test done (bread will take about 35 minutes to test done).
© 2012 WebMD, LLC. All rights reserved.