This slaw, a combination of cabbage, red bell pepper, scallions and bamboo shoots, is tossed with a dressing full of the classic flavors of Chinese hot-and-sour soup. Serve with grilled pork tenderloin and a glass of Riesling.
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil, toasted
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper, or to taste
- 3 cups shredded napa, or green cabbage
- 1 cup red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup scallions, sliced
- 1 8-ounce can bamboo shoots, drained and thinly sliced
- Step 1
- Whisk rice vinegar, reduced-sodium soy sauce, oil, ginger, white pepper and crushed red pepper in a large bowl. Add napa (or green cabbage) bell pepper, scallions and bamboo shoots; toss to coat.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more recipes go to EatingWell.com