WebMD Recipe from EatingWell.com
Total Time: 10 mins
This tangy marinade, spiked with the Indian spice blend garam masala, is a terrific way to enliven chicken, tofu or pork chops.
- 1/2 cup grated or minced onion, (about 1 medium)
- 1/4 cup lemon or lime juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garam masala, (see Note)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Step 1
- Whisk onion, lemon (or lime) juice, oil, garam masala and salt in a bowl until well combined.
Note: Garam masala, a blend of spices used in Indian cooking, usually includes cardamom, black pepper, cloves, nutmeg, fennel, cumin and coriander. It is available in the spice section of most supermarkets. Nutrition note: Based on Test Kitchen results, 2 teaspoons of marinade are absorbed per serving.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more recipes go to EatingWell.com