If you boil the pasta in the morning, drain, and let chill in the refrigerator, all you have to do is toss the ingredients together and dinner is served!
- 4 cups cooked whole-grain pasta blend, cooled
- 2 cups ripe cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup lightly packed fresh basil leaves, cut or torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 16 slices reduced-fat salami, quartered, optional
- salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- Step 1
- Place all the ingredients in a medium serving bowl and toss to blend well.
- Step 2
- Cover and chill in refrigerator until ready to serve.
© 2012 WebMD, LLC. All rights reserved.