potatoes - peeled and diced
leeks - sliced
carrots - sliced
garlic - chopped
fire roasted tomatoes
a drop of olive oil
sea salt and pepper to taste
- Place the potatoes in a pot of fresh salted water and bring to a boil. Cook until under fork tender.
- Sauté the ground meat in a large hot skillet till lightly browned; pour off the fat if there is any; return the skillet to the stove. Add a dash of olive oil. Toss in the leeks and garlic; stir and cook until the leeks are soft.
- Add in the carrots; stir and cook for a couple of minutes till tender-crisp. Add in the baby peas and tomatoes. Stir in the red wine, balsamic vinegar, sugar, herbs and cinnamon. Season to taste with sea salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Back to the potatoes: Drain the potatoes. Season with sea salt and ground pepper. Drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil and stir to soften the edges a bit. Layer the filling in a casserole or baking dish.
- Top with the potatoes. Bake in the center of a preheated oven until bubbling and hot, about 25 to 30 minutes.
September 18, 2012
From www.foodily.com with permission. © 2010-2012 Foodily.com, Inc.
For more recipes go to