By Holly Clegg,
Total Time: 30 mins
Never cooked kale before? This recipe truly knocked it out of the park! One I’ll repeat a lot.
- 1/3 cup diced Canadian bacon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound kale, chopped (about 6 cups)
- 1 15-ounce can great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup` fat-free chicken broth
- 1 onion, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Step 1
- In large nonstick skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray over medium heat, cook Canadian bacon until turns golden brown, several minutes. Add oil and onion, sauté until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Step 2
- Add kale, beans and broth and cook, stirring, about 10 minutes or until kale is tender. Season to taste.
Spicy Advice: Kale, from the cabbage family, is very nutritious with powerful antioxidants.
From www.hollyclegg.com with permission. © 2012 Holly Clegg, Inc.