WebMD Recipe from EatingWell.com
Total Time: 40 mins
These wraps should be served with lots of condiments: kimchee, for sure, but also nonfat yogurt and shredded carrots dressed with rice vinegar. Serve the various components of the dish separately and let your family or guests build their own wraps to taste.
- 1 pound flank steak
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup diced peeled cucumber
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced shallot
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 head Bibb lettuce, leaves separated
- Step 1
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Step 2
- Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper. Oil the grill rack (see Tip). Grill the steak for 6 to 8 minutes per side for medium. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes. Cut across the grain into thin slices.
- Step 3
- Combine the sliced steak, cucumber, tomatoes, shallot, mint, basil and cilantro in a large bowl. Mix sugar, soy sauce, lime juice and crushed red pepper in a small bowl. Drizzle over the steak mixture; toss well to coat. To serve, spoon a portion of the steak mixture into a lettuce leaf and roll into a "wrap."
To oil a grill rack: Oil a folded paper towel, hold it with tongs and rub it over the rack. Do not use cooking spray on a hot grill.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more recipes go to EatingWell.com