- 2 cups water
- 1 cup (or to taste) low-calorie sweetener
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 6 green tea bags
- Step 1
- Add water, low-calorie sweetener, ground ginger, and lemon peel to medium saucepan and bring to boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to where it sustains a gentle boil and cook for about 7-8 minutes. Remove from heat and add the green tea bags. Steep this tea mixture for 10 minutes, stirring or dunking the bags often.
- Step 2
- Remove tea bags and stir lemon juice into the tea liquid. Cover and refrigerator for up to 1 to 2 weeks.
- Step 3
- To make a cup of iced tea, pour 1/4 cup of the concentrated tea mixture into a tall glass and stir in 3/4 cup of sparkling or seltzer water or club soda. Add ice cubes and enjoy!
© 2015 WebMD, LLC. All rights reserved.