Everyone loves this fun party dip, even kids! Keep it light by serving it with reduced-fat tortilla chips (homemade or store-bought) or reduced-fat crackers.
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 2 teaspoons lime juice, fresh or bottled
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 8 ounces fat-free sour cream
- 1-ounce packet, taco seasoning mix
- 1 15-ounce can fat-free or vegetarian refried beans
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced, drained
- 1/2 cup green onions, finely chopped
- 2 cups reduced-fat Mexican-style cheese blend, (i.e. Jack and Cheddar) shredded
- 2 1/4-ounce can sliced black olives, (optional)
- garlic powder, or garlic
- salt, to taste (optional)
- black pepper, to taste (optional)
- Step 1
- Make guacamole: Mash avocado, lime juice, cilantro and salsa together.
- Step 2
- In small bowl, blend sour cream with taco seasoning.
- Step 3
- Spread the refried beans in the bottom of a deep-dish pie plate (you can warm the beans up in the microwave briefly to make them more spreadable.)
- Step 4
- Top the beans with the sour cream mixture, then top that with the guacamole.
- Step 5
- Spread the tomatoes on top, then sprinkle the green onions over the top, followed by the shredded cheese and black olives if desired.
- Step 6
- Serve with reduced-fat tortilla chips or reduced-fat crackers.
© 2015 WebMD, LLC. All rights reserved.