The original recipe for this appetizer came from one of our Weight Loss Clinic members who posted on the Recipe Doctor message board. It sounded so good I just had to try it for myself. The light version worked wonderfully, so I want to share it with all of you.
- 2 cups shredded roasted, skinless, and boneless dark chicken meat, 2 thighs and 2 drumsticks
- 1/4 cup low trans-fat margarine with 8 grams fat per tablespoon
- 1/4 cup light cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg, or more to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves, or more to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons brandy, add a tablespoon more. if desired
- 1/3 cup dried currants or other dried fruits, such as cranberries
- Dash celery salt
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Step 1
- Add all ingredients to a large food processor bowl. Blend until mostly smooth.
- Step 2
- Spoon into serving bowl and chill at least six hours. Serve with thinly sliced bread and/or wheat crackers (preferably reduced-fat and higher-fiber).
© 2012 WebMD, LLC. All rights reserved.