Crab & Mango Lettuce Wraps
WebMD Weight Loss Clinic members: Journal as 1/2 cup hearty stews, chili, bean soup OR 1 serving lean fish or seafood without added fat OR 1/2 cup vegetables without added fat.
8 ounces cooked lump crabmeat
1 ripe mango, peeled, pit removed, and diced into bite-size pieces
1/2 cup diced jicama (peel, then dice)
1/3 cup fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
3 green onions, white and part of the green, finely chopped
10 leaves Boston lettuce, washed and dried well (other lettuce can be substituted, but Boston lettuce works particularly well)
Orange Sesame Sauce:
2 tablespoons lime juice
1/3 cup orange-flavored yogurt
2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
1 1/2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Add crabmeat, mango, jicama, cilantro and green onions to medium bowl and toss to blend well.
- Fill each lettuce leaf with about 1/3 cup (or slightly heaping 1/4 cup) of crabmeat mixture.
- In small bowl, whisk together lime juice, orange yogurt, soy sauce, sesame oil, and pepper until smooth.
- Drizzle a tablespoon of the citrus sauce over the crab mixture inside each lettuce leaf and serve!
Yield: 5 appetizer servings (about 2 wraps each)
Mini Mango Tarts
WebMD Weight Loss Clinic members: Journal as 1 portion light dessert + 1 teaspoon margarine, light
Serve these bite-size treats at brunches, teas, and evening soirees.
12 shortbread cookies (like SnackWell's Sugar Free Shortbread)
3 tablespoons lime curd (found in jars in the jam section of your supermarket)
6 tablespoons finely diced mango
12 roasted almonds or pecan halves or 1 tablespoon flaked sweetened coconut or 1 tablespoon raisins or currants
- Top the center area of each cookie with 3/4 teaspoon lime curd. Spread it out to cover the top of the cookie, leaving a small edge uncovered around the cookie.
- Top the lime curd on each cookie with a heaping teaspoon of diced mango.
- Top each Mini Mango Tart with the embellishment of your choice: a roasted almond or pecan half, or a pinch of flaked coconut, raisins or currants.