This is a wonderful tropical salsa that goes well with chicken or fish. It even tastes great served on reduced-fat tortilla chips.
- 1 mango, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1 papaya, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1 red pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, peeled and finely diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Step 1
- In a medium bowl, gently toss mango, papaya, red bell pepper, avocado, sweet onion, cilantro, and balsamic vinegar.
- Step 2
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Cover and chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve (it works well to chill for at least 30 minutes).
- Step 3
- Serve with broiled or grilled fish or chicken breast (skinless) or reduced-fat tortilla chips.
© 2015 WebMD, LLC. All rights reserved.