WebMD Recipe from EatingWell.com
Total Time: 20 mins
Orange marmalade and freshly grated orange zest make a deliciously tangy sauce for quick-cooking chicken tenders. Serve with brown rice.
- 1 cup chicken broth, reduced-sodium
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 6 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 large shallots, minced
- 1 teaspoon orange zest, freshly grated
- Step 1
- Whisk broth, vinegar, marmalade, mustard and cornstarch in a medium bowl.
- Step 2
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Heat 4 teaspoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until golden, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Step 3
- Add the remaining 2 teaspoons oil and shallots to the pan and cook, stirring often, until beginning to brown, about 30 seconds. Whisk the broth mixture and add it to the pan. Bring to a simmer, scraping up any browned bits. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer; cook until the sauce is slightly reduced and thickened, 30 seconds to 2 minutes. Add the chicken; return to a simmer. Cook, turning once, until the chicken is heated through, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat and stir in orange zest.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more recipes go to EatingWell.com