1 2-pound bag
spinach, frozen chopped
tomatillos, cored, chopped
tomatoes, ripe plum, seeded, chopped
marinated mozzarella, sliced
goat cheese, crumbled
split chicken breasts, boneless
Portobello mushrooms, sliced
cooked brown rice, or brown basmati rice
olive oil, as needed
gluten-free Lemon Pepper seasoning
balsamic vinegar, as needed
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Thaw the spinach a bit (and pat dry if necessary) so you can scatter half of it in the bottom of a large baking dish. Sprinkle half of the tomatillos, tomatoes, and garlic on top. Season the mixture with sea salt and lemon pepper. Scatter half the cheeses.
- In the meantime, heat up a large skillet and brown the chicken breasts in a little olive oil. Season the mixture with sea salt and Lemon Pepper.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and cut it into bite-size pieces.
- Sauté the Portobello slices in a little olive oil and good splash of balsamic vinegar, till tender.
- Add the cooked chicken and the Portobello to the spinach mixture. Spoon on the rice. Top with the remaining spinach, tomatillos, tomatoes and garlic. Add the remaining sliced mozzarella and goat cheese. Put the pan in the oven. Bake until done, about 25 to 30 minutes, till heated through.
- Light a few candles and gather for a feast. This will serve six.
- Savor slowly.
From www.foodily.com with permission. © 2010-2012 Foodily.com, Inc.
For more recipes go to