queso fresco/ feta cheese
red onion, finely diced
lime juice, two limes
extra virgin olive oil
red pepper flakes
- Pre-heat oven at 375 degrees.
- Cut squash in half length wise, scoop out seeds, and place cut-side down on a rim baking pan. Fill the bottom with about a half-inch of water. Bake on the middle rack for about 50 minutes. You know it is done when the flesh is tender enough to shred easily.
- While the squash is baking, dice the red onion and chop your cilantro.
- Make the dressing: start with the red pepper, fresh garlic, coriander, and cumin and grind together with a spice grinder, pestle, or back of a wooden spoon. Add the lime juice and agave and whisk together. Drizzle in the extra virgin olive oil and whisk again. Add a generous pinch of salt; you can add more at the end.
- Remove the squash and let it cool enough to handle. With a fork, scrape the inside of the squash into a large bowl, it will look like spaghetti, hence the name. Add the onion and dressing and toss to coat while still warm so it softens the onion and garlic flavors. Test for salt and pepper. Add in the cilantro and half of the cheese, toss again. Serve with fresh cilantro and cheese on top.
From www.foodily.com with permission. © 2010-2012 Foodily.com, Inc.
For more recipes go to