1 1/2 pounds
mixed beets Chioggia, golden, white, red etc., peeled and diced
chopped mixed basil Violetta, Genovese, Cinnamon etc.
unrefined extra virgin olive oil
raw apple cider vinegar
- Steam peeled and diced beets over rapidly boiling water until they become tender, about five to six minutes or so. If using multiple varieties, note that the red beets will stain the other varieties so you may wish to steam them separately.
- Once tender, immediately plunge the steamed beets into a bowl of ice water, allowing them to chill until cold to the touch.
- Drain the beets, patting them dry with a cotton kitchen towel as needed.
- Combine the drained beets with chopped basil and minced garlic.
- Dress with vinegar and olive oil.
- Serve cold.
From www.foodily.com with permission. © 2010-2012 Foodily.com, Inc.
For more recipes go to