Leftover chicken and rice come together in this flavorful main dish salad. Serve over baby spinach.
- 2 cups rice, cooked
- 2 cups chicken, shredded cooked
- 2 cups carrots, shredded
- 1/4 cup scallions, sliced
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup sodium reduced chicken broth
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt, to taste
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Step 1
- Combine rice, chicken, carrots, scallions and olives in a large bowl. Whisk together gravy (or broth), orange juice, lemon juice, mint, cilantro, oil, cinnamon, cayenne and salt and pepper to taste in another bowl. Toss dressing with rice mixture.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more recipes go to EatingWell.com