Total Time: 20 mins
This can be a side dish, a filling for your omelet, frittata, or quiche, or a topping for meat.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or canola oil
- 2 cups crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 portabella mushroom, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 red bell pepper, insides removed, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 green onions, white and part of green, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried herb of choice, or 1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh herb
- salt and pepper to taste, (optional)
- Step 1
- Add oil to large nonstick frying pan or skillet over high heat. Add mushrooms and red pepper and sauté for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Step 2
- Stir in garlic and green onions. Continue to cook and stir for a couple of minutes longer.
- Step 3
- Stir in the herb of your choice, and add salt and pepper to taste.
© 2015 WebMD, LLC. All rights reserved.