dried shiitake mushrooms
sweet Chinese sausages (lop chong), diced
fresh ginger, minced
roasted chestnuts, peeled, and coarsely diced
fresh or canned water chestnuts, diced, optional
green onions, chopped
oyster sauce, divided
sesame oil, divided
2 1/2 cups
glutinous or sticky rice, washed and drained
jasmine rice, washed and drained
dark soy sauce
- Soak dried shrimp in a bowl of warm water for about 20 minutes. Soak dried mushrooms in another bowl of warm water for about 20 minutes. Drain shrimp and chop. Drain mushrooms, cut off woody stem, and chop mushroom caps.
- Heat peanut oil in large sauté pan or wok over medium-high heat. Add Chinese sausages and minced ginger, and stir. Cook about 2 minutes. Add dried shrimp, dried mushrooms, roasted chestnuts, water chestnuts, green onion, 1 tablespoon mirin, 1 tablespoon oyster sauce, and 1 teaspoon sesame oil. Stir, and allow the mixture to cook for about 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Cool to room temperature.
- Mixture can be made up to 2 days ahead of time and stored covered in refrigerator.
- Place sticky rice and jasmine rice in a bowl of a 5.6-cup or larger rice cooker. Add chicken broth, 3 tablespoons oyster sauce, 1 teaspoon dark soy sauce, and 1 teaspoon sesame oil. Cover and refrigerate for about 1 hour before cooking.
- When ready to cook, place rice in bowl in your rice cooker. Pour sausage-chestnut-mushroom mixture over the top. Cook in rice cooker, following manufacturer’s directions. Once cooked, allow to steam for about 15 minutes before lifting the lid. Stir cooked rice so all ingredients are incorporated, then serve.
From www.foodily.com with permission. © 2010-2012 Foodily.com, Inc.
For more recipes go to