Did Your Meal Win an Xtreme Eating Award?
Calorie Bombs Dominate Menus continued...
The CSPI says ordering this dish is like eating 14 slices of frozen French toast stuffed with two-and-a-half tubs of cream cheese.
Other dishes rounding out this year’s list include:
- The Big Slab of St. Louis-style spareribs from Famous Dave’s
- The Deep Dish Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza from BJ’s Restaurant and Brewhouse
- The Super Cinco Combo at Chevys Fresh Mex
- The Farfalle with Chicken and Roasted Garlic from the Cheesecake Factory
- The Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake Cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory
- The Prime New York Steak Contadina from Maggiano’s Little Italy
And the CSPI reminds restaurant diners that even if the meal they order doesn’t make this list of heavyweights, chances are it’s still too much food.
With the majority of dishes on restaurant menus, “You’re still going to be getting at least 1,000 calories in any appetizer, in any entrée, or in any dessert,” Einstein says.
To help your heart and your waistline, she suggests ordering from the section of lighter menu options or cutting a regular portion in half to share or save for later.