- 1 tablespoon butter or canola margarine
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat smooth peanut butter
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows, lightly packed
- 1 cup low-fat granola
- 1 cup puffed rice cereal
- 1/3 cup ground golden flaxseed, (golden flax works better in this recipe)
- canola cooking spray
- Step 1
- Coat an 8x8-inch baking pan with canola cooking spray. Put the butter, peanut butter, and marshmallows into a medium-sized microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds, or until mixture is just melted. Stir to blend.
- Step 2
- Microwave again briefly if the mixture isn't melted or smooth. Then stir in granola, puffed rice and flaxseed.
- Step 3
- Spread the mixture in the prepared pan, flattening it evenly with a sheet of waxed paper. Let it cool completely before cutting into 8 equal-sized bars.
© 2015 WebMD, LLC. All rights reserved.