clarified butter or ghee from grass-fed cows
sprouted grain flour
grass-finished beef stew meat
organic carrots, scraped and chopped
organic celery stalks, chopped
organic mushrooms, sliced thin
organic yellow onions, chopped
whole organic black peppercorns
burgundy or pinot noir
homemade beef stock
handful of thyme and marjoram
unrefined sea salt to taste
bunch of fresh, organic parsley for garnish
- Melt ghee in pan over medium heat. In the meantime, dredge the beef stew meat in the sprouted flour until well-coated.
- Brown the stew meat in the ghee, and remove from the pan using a slotted spoon. Place the meat in a covered casserole, clay cooker or oven-safe dutch oven.
- Fry the mushrooms in the remaining ghee, and pour them plus any leftover fat onto the stew meat.
- Add vegetables, bay leaf, thyme, marjoram and peppercorns to the casserole.
- Pour in the wine and beef stock.
- Bake, covered, at 350°F for three hours. Alternatively, you may toss ingredients into your slowcooker and cook for 8+ hours.
September 18, 2012
From www.foodily.com with permission. © 2010-2012 Foodily.com, Inc.
For more recipes go to