Total Time: 21 mins
These cookies have just enough chocolate to satisfy your sweet tooth but with less sugar and fat. These cookies also pack a punch of fiber, thanks to the oats and whole wheat flour.
- m5 tablespoons no-trans fat margarine, with around 8 grams of fat per tablespoon
- 3 tablespoons light or fat-free cream cheese
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar substitute
- 1/4 cup egg substitute, or 1 large egg
- 6 tablespoons whole wheat flour, (1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons)
- 6 tablespoons white flour (1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons)
- 1/2 tablespoon baking soda
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped mini candy bars
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- Step 1
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat cookie sheets with canola cooking spray.
- Step 2
- In mixing bowl, cream together no-trans margarine, cream cheese, brown sugar, and sugar substitute. Add egg substitute or egg and beat well.
- Step 3
- Add flours, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and vanilla to butter mixture and beat until well blended. Stir in sugar-free chocolate chunks and oats. Blend thoroughly.
- Step 4
- Drop rounded teaspoons of dough onto cookie sheet (about 15 cookies per cookie sheet). Bake in center of oven for about 6 minutes or until cookies are still soft but lightly browned. Remove cookies and let cool on wire rack.
- Step 5
- About 15 mini bars cut into 1/2-inch chunks with a knife.
© 2015 WebMD, LLC. All rights reserved.