Total Time: 21 mins
These cookies have just enough chocolate to satisfy your sweet tooth but with less sugar and fat. These cookies also are packed with fiber, thanks to the oats and whole wheat flour.
- 5 tablespoons no-trans fat margarine
- 3 tablespoons light or fat-free cream cheese
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar substitute
- 1/4 cup egg substitute, or 1 large egg
- 6 tablespoons whole wheat flour, (1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons)
- 6 tablespoons white flour (1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons)
- 1/2 tablespoon baking soda
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped mini candy bars
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- Step 1
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat cookie sheets with canola cooking spray.
- Step 2
- In mixing bowl, cream together no-trans margarine, cream cheese, brown sugar, and sugar substitute. Add egg substitute or egg and beat well.
- Step 3
- Add flours, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and vanilla to butter mixture and beat until well blended. Stir in sugar-free chocolate chunks and oats. Blend thoroughly.
- Step 4
- Drop rounded teaspoons of dough onto cookie sheet (about 15 cookies per cookie sheet). Bake in center of oven for about 6 minutes or until cookies are still soft but lightly browned. Remove cookies and let cool on wire rack.
- Step 5
- About 15 mini bars cut into 1/2-inch chunks with a knife.
© 2015 WebMD, LLC. All rights reserved.