This dish was inspired by an olive salad I sampled at a nearby supermarket’s olive bar. It's wonderful on crackers or as a spread on sandwiches. It can also be used in most recipes calling for tapenade.
- 1/2 cup black olives, pitted
- 1/2 cup green olives, pitted
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoons capers, drained and rinsed well
- 2 tablespoons red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, finely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, add more to taste if desired
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Step 1
- Add olives, garlic, capers, red pepper, and lemon zest to the bowl of a small food processor and press "chop" briefly. If you don’t have a mini food processor, put the ingredients on a cutting board and chop well with a knife or chopper tool. Add the chopped mixture to a small bowl.
- Step 2
- Add pepper, mustard and olive oil to the olive mixture and stir well to blend.
© 2015 WebMD, LLC. All rights reserved.