- 1 egg, or 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 tablespoon water
- 1/8 cup reduced-fat cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- canola cooking spray
- reduced-fat pepperoni slices
- lean ham slices
- zucchini slices
- tomato slices
- green pepper slices
- sliced olives
- avocado slices
- Step 1
- Cut your toppings into different shapes using a plastic knife, and put them in a shallow bowl or plate. The cut shapes will be used later to make eyes, eyebrows, a nose, and a mouth.
- Step 2
- Crack the egg into a medium bowl. Add 1/2 tablespoon water and blend well with a whisk or fork.
- Step 3
- An adult can begin heating a small, 8-inch nonstick frying pan over medium-low heat. After 2 minutes of warming, coat the bottom of the pan with canola cooking spray.
- Step 4
- Pour the beaten egg into the frying pan, set the timer to 1 minute and 30 seconds, and cover the pan. After the timer goes off, remove the lid. If the top looks cooked, an adult can slide the omelet.
- Step 5
- Use the different-shaped toppings to make eyes, eyebrows, a nose, and a mouth on the top side of the omelet. Use grated cheese to add hair around the edge of the face. Microwave on HIGH for 30-60 seconds to heat the meat and vegetables and melt the cheese (if desired).
© 2015 WebMD, LLC. All rights reserved.