This dish goes great with steamed brown rice.
- 1 tablespoon less-fat margarine
- 1/3 cup reduced-sugar orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chopped ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth, if using broth powder, make it double strength by adding 1 cup of hot water to 2 teaspoons of broth powder
- 6 half breasts of chicken, skinless, boneless; cut into about 3 pieces each
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- Step 1
- Add all ingredients except chicken to the slow cooker; stir well with spoon.
- Step 2
- Add the chicken breast pieces to the slow cooker, cover, and cook on HIGH for 3 hours or on LOW about 6 hours, or until chicken is cooked throughout.
- Step 3
- Serve chicken with orange cranberry sauce.
© 2012 WebMD, LLC. All rights reserved.