These ultra-thin, crisp cookies are a snap to make and have a fortune cookie-inspired flavor. Serve alongside a homemade or purchased fruit salad to increase your fruit servings for the day while still satisfying your sweet tooth.
- 1/2 cup white whole-wheat flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups prepared citrus fruit salad
- Step 1
- Position racks in upper and lower thirds of oven; preheat to 300°F. Coat 2 large baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Step 2
- Mix flour, sugar, butter, orange zest, orange juice and vanilla in a medium bowl until smooth. Spread 1 tablespoon of batter into a 2 1/2-inch circle on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining batter, making 6 cookies per baking sheet, spacing them about 4 inches apart.
- Step 3
- Bake the cookies until lightly browned around the edges, switching the pans back to front and top to bottom once halfway through, 16 to 18 minutes. Immediately and carefully transfer the cookies from the pan to a wire rack using a thin metal spatula. Let cool completely.
- Step 4
- Serve with prepared citrus fruit salad.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more recipes go to EatingWell.com