Instead of filling the center with blue cheese, we're using a mixture of blue cheese and light cream cheese. And instead of deep frying the olives, we're coating them with canola cooking spray and baking in a hot oven.
- 1 15-ounce can jumbo pitted black olives, drained well on paper towels
- 1 1/2 ounces blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons light cream cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup egg substitute
- 1 cup Italian-style dry bread crumbs
- canola cooking spray
- Step 1
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a 9 x 9-inch baking dish with canola cooking spray. Add blue cheese, light cream cheese and black pepper to a small bowl and blend well with a fork. Using your fingers or a pastry bag, fill each olive with the blue cheese mixture.
- Step 2
- Add egg substitute to a custard cup. Add breadcrumbs to a shallow bowl. Dip olives in the egg mixture then roll in the breadcrumbs to coat well. Place olives in prepared dish and coat the top with canola cooking spray.
- Step 3
- Bake in center of oven for 12-13 minutes or until golden brown. Let them cool, and then serve.
© 2015 WebMD, LLC. All rights reserved.