- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup carrots, sliced
- 1 cup zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup macaroni or rotini
- 1 tablespoon flour, for sauce
- 1 tablespoon margarine, for sauce
- 1 cup skim milk, for sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil, for sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, for sauce
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, for sauce
- Step 1
- Steam vegetables until tender-crisp.
- Step 2
- Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- Step 3
- In a small saucepan, melt margarine, blend in flour.
- Step 4
- Gradually stir in milk and seasoning. (Do not add cheese at this time).
- Step 5
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens.
- Step 6
- Remove from heat and blend in cheese.
- Step 7
- Pour over hot vegetables.
- Step 8
- Add macaroni and mix together.
© 2012 WebMD, LLC. All rights reserved.