Use this quick recipe to flavor all sorts of dishes, from meats (try baking chicken breasts in it) to multi-ingredient Mexican entrees (like tacos, taco salad, enchiladas, and quesadillas).
- 1 large ripe tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sweet onion
- 1 large peach
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 tablespoons canned diced green chilies
- 2 teaspoons distilled white vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic, pressed or minced, or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- freshly ground pepper
- Step 1
- Dice the tomato, peach, onion, and cilantro into chunks using a knife. Put them in a blender or small food processor.
- Step 2
- Add the chilies, vinegar, salt, garlic or garlic powder, and pepper to the blender, and pulse briefly to blend. Pour into a serving bowl. Cover and keep in refrigerator until needed.
If you don't have a blender or food processor, dice all the ingredients into the smallest pieces possible, place in medium bowl, and stir to blend well.
© 2015 WebMD, LLC. All rights reserved.