WebMD Recipe from EatingWell.com
Total Time: 30
The heat level of this spicy tomato sauce can be adjusted to your taste. This quick pasta dish comes together in 30 minutes.
- 1 pound whole wheat penne
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper, or to taste
- 1 28-ounce can plum tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup Pecorino Romano cheese, freshly grated
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Step 1
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until just tender, 8 to 10 minutes or according to package directions.
- Step 2
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over low heat. Add garlic and crushed red pepper; cook, stirring, until the garlic is golden, about 1 minute. Add tomatoes, crushing them roughly with the back of a wooden spoon. Bring to a simmer over low heat and cook until slightly reduced, about 5 minutes.
- Step 3
- When the pasta is ready, drain and return to the pot. Stir in the sauce and place the pot over high heat. Stir until the mixture sizzles. Remove from heat. Add cheese and parsley; toss well. Taste and adjust seasonings; serve immediately.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more recipes go to EatingWell.com