WebMD Recipe from EatingWell.com
Total Time: 1 hr 15 mins
This super-simple recipe covers beef tenderloin in a blend of cracked black, white and green peppercorns. Though it takes moments to prepare, since it’s beef tenderloin it’s perfect for a special occasion. Look for peppercorns in the bulk spice section so you can buy just what you need. The recipe will also work with black ones only.
- 2 tablespoons whole green peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon whole white peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon whole black peppercorns
- 3 pounds trimmed beef tenderloin, preferably center-cut
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Step 1
- Preheat a gas grill (with all burners lit) to 400°F or build a fire in a charcoal grill and let it burn down to medium heat (about 400°F).
- Step 2
- Coarsely crack peppercorns with a small heavy skillet (or saucepan), in a mortar and pestle or in a spice grinder.
- Step 3
- Tie kitchen string around tenderloin in several places so the meat will hold its shape as it cooks. Rub with oil, sprinkle with salt and coat with the cracked peppercorns.
- Step 4
- If using a gas grill, turn off one burner (leaving 1 to 2 burners lit, depending on your grill). If using a charcoal grill, move the coals to one side. Place the tenderloin on the unheated side of the grill rack. Close the lid and roast undisturbed for 20 minutes.
- Step 5
- Rotate the tenderloin 180 degrees, cover and continue roasting until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the meat registers 140°F (for medium-rare), 15 to 35 minutes more. Transfer to a clean cutting board and let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more recipes go to EatingWell.com