This easy, fresh tomato salsa is delicious on tacos, tostadas or simply served with tortilla chips. Since the heat of jalapeños varies, start with one, taste, then add more if you want it hotter. For a sweet-tangy variation, add about 1 cup diced fresh fruit, such as pineapple, mango or peach.
- 3 cups diced ripe tomatoes, (3-4 medium)
- 1 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1-2 jalapeño peppers, stemmed, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Step 1
- Combine tomatoes, onion, cilantro, jalapeño to taste, lime zest and juice, and sugar in a medium serving bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more recipes go to EatingWell.com