Grilled teriyaki chicken with pineapple can be made with just a few pantry staples. Although it’s delicious when made with canned pineapple, fresh pineapple and its juice can easily be used in its place. Serve with brown rice and snow peas.
- 1/3 cup dry sherry
- 1/4 cup soy sauce, reduced-sodium
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 20-ounce can pineapple rings, plus 1/3 cup juice from the can
- 4 large boneless, skinless chicken thighs, about 1 1/2 pounds, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Step 1
- Whisk sherry, soy sauce, brown sugar and the 1/3 cup pineapple juice in a large bowl. Add pineapple rings and chicken and gently stir to coat. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Step 2
- Meanwhile, preheat grill to medium-high.
- Step 3
- Remove the chicken and pineapple from the marinade and pat dry; reserve the marinade. Oil the grill rack. Grill the chicken and pineapple until the chicken is cooked through and the pineapple is marked, 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- Step 4
- Whisk the reserved marinade and cornstarch in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook, whisking, until reduced and thickened, 2 to 4 minutes. Stir in butter. Serve the chicken and pineapple drizzled with the sauce.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more recipes go to EatingWell.com