WebMD Recipe from EatingWell.com
Total Time: 30 mins
This big, bold marinade recipe was adapted from a local Vermont restaurant and caterer. We make it in huge batches and freeze the extras so we always have it on hand. Use on: Extra-firm tofu, salmon, chicken, duck, pork, beef, lamb.
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup red-wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated orange zest
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 dashes hot sauce
- Step 1
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring, until translucent, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl.
- Step 2
- Stir in soy sauce, vinegar, orange zest, orange juice, brown sugar, allspice, pepper, thyme, cloves, cinnamon and hot sauce. Let cool to room temperature.
- Step 3
- Pour cooled marinade into a shallow dish or 1-gallon sealable plastic bag for marinating 1 to 2 pounds (4 to 8 servings) of your chosen protein.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more recipes go to EatingWell.com