Dip Into It
- Ranch Dip. Sprinkle some Hidden Valley Ranch dip powder over half a
cup of yogurt and stir. Start with 1/2 teaspoon of ranch powder, stir, and
taste. If you want more flavor, add more powder in 1/4 teaspoon increments.
Stir and taste until you get the flavor you want. Serve this Ranch Yogurt Dip
with raw veggies or with your salad. Oh, and by the way, have as much as you
- Sour Cream Blend. In many dip, dressing, and spread recipes, you can replace half the amount of sour cream called for with plain yogurt. Simply mix equal amounts of fat-free sour cream and plain yogurt for your dip or dressing, or spread and proceed with your recipe. You can still journal the total amount of mixture used as plain, unsweetened yogurt since fat-free sour cream is nutritionally close to plain yogurt.
Make Your Own Yummy Yogurt
- Yogurt parfait. Layer plain yogurt with fresh or frozen fruit and a
spoon of crunchy high-fiber cereal, such as reduced fat granola or
- Homemade flavored yogurt. Sweeten plain yogurt at home with your
favorite flavors. It's much lower in sugar than store-bought flavors. Just stir
in fresh or frozen fruit (like frozen blueberries) and a dash (about 5 drops)
of vanilla extract (or other extract) or a sprinkle of ground cinnamon. For
example, you can make your own pina colada yogurt by mixing 1/8 cup of crushed
pineapple (canned in its own juice) and a dash of coconut extract into 1/2 cup
of plain yogurt.
- Nutty toppings. I like to have a nice, nutty, and sweet trail mix in my kitchen at all times. Almonds, pecans, dried fruits, raisins, coconut, and other trail mix favorites come in handy as a topping for yogurt. Choose whichever trail mix suits your taste.