Total Time: 15 mins
If you want to make these like authentic Swedish pancakes – which are much thinner than ordinary pancakes – use just one tablespoonful of batter per pancake.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large egg, higher omega-3 egg if available
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- 1/2 cup unbleached white flour
- 3/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, optional
- canola cooking spray
- jam, flavor of your preference
- powdered sugar, optional
- Step 1
- In a blender, combine canola oil, egg, egg substitute, milk, flours, sugar, salt, and cinnamon (if desired). Blend on medium speed until batter is smooth (1-2 minutes).
- Step 2
- Heat a skillet until very hot. Coat with nonstick cooking spray. For each pancake, drop 1/8 cup of batter into skillet. When the edges brown lightly (about 30 seconds), use a spatula to flip the pancake over and cook the other side another 30 seconds. Remove the pancakes to a plate and repeat with the remaining batter. For super-large pancakes, use 1/4 cup of batter instead of 1/8 cup.
- Step 3
- Scoop a little jam onto each pancake, then sprinkle powdered sugar over the top with a sifter (if desired).
© 2015 WebMD, LLC. All rights reserved.