Crispy pieces of polenta topped with a tangy sun-dried tomato tapenade makes a pretty and tasty appetizer.
- 1 16- to 18-ounce tube prepareed polenta, ends trimmed and cut into 12 slices
- 2/3 cups sun-dried tomatoes, soft
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon flat-leaf parsley leaves, lightly packed
- 2 teaspoons capers, rinsed
- 1 small clove garlic, chopped
- 1 Pinch ground pepper, fresh
- canola or olive oil cooking spray
- Step 1
- Preheat broiler. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Step 2
- Place polenta slices on the prepared baking sheet and coat with cooking spray. Broil in upper third of oven until starting to brown, 8 to 12 minutes. Turn and broil until lightly browned, 3 to 5 minutes more.
- Step 3
- Meanwhile, pulse sun-dried tomatoes, oil, parsley, capers, garlic and pepper in a food processor (a mini food processor works well), scraping down the sides as needed, until coarsely chopped.
- Step 4
- Transfer the polenta slices to a clean cutting board and cut each into quarters. Top each wedge of polenta with about 1/4 teaspoon of the tapenade.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more recipes go to EatingWell.com