Total Time: 1 hr 10 mins
You can cook the whole chicken yourself, but it is so much easier to buy the rotisserie or roasted chicken and shred it. Serve this chicken dish with crackers or sliced baguette bread.
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided use
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 whole peppercorns
- 2 medium-sized sweet or regular onions, cut off ends, remove outer skin, then cut in half
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 roasted whole chicken, buy at a grocery store or rotisserie
- salt and pepper to taste
- Step 1
- Add a tablespoon of olive oil to a large nonstick skillet and begin to heat over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and sauté until onions are soft (3-4 minutes).
- Step 2
- Add in remaining ingredients (remaining olive oil, vinegar, peppercorns, salt, bay leaves), cover skillet, and reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer for about 50 minutes.
- Step 3
- Meanwhile, shred the chicken meat from the roasted chicken removing any skin and bones (it should equal at about 3 cups firmly packed shredded chicken).
- Step 4
- Stir in shredded chicken and continue to simmer until chicken is warm (about 2 minutes). Serve with wheat crackers!
© 2012 WebMD, LLC. All rights reserved.