Pomegranate Juice Recipes
If you're ready to add pomegranate juice to your diet, try one of these colorful recipes.
WebMD Weight Loss Clinic members: Journal as 1/2 cup regular yogurt sweetened OR 1 portion light dessert + 1/2 cup fruit juice
Depending on the color of your pomegranate juice, this pudding can turn out to be different shades of pink or dark purple.
3 tablespoons Minute tapioca
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
1 cup pomegranate juice
1 3/4 cup 1% low fat milk or fat free half-and-half
1 egg, beaten (use a higher omega-3 type, if available)
4 teaspoons Splenda
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine tapioca, sugar, and cinnamon (if using) in medium nonstick saucepan. Stir in pomegranate juice, low fat milk, and beaten egg. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a full boil (it will thicken as it cools). Remove from heat. Stir in the Splenda and vanilla extract.
- Cool 20-30 minutes. Stir and spoon into 4 serving cups. Serve warm or chilled.
Yield: 4 large servings
WebMD Weight Loss Clinic members: Journal as 1 cup fruit juice
1/2 cup pomegranate juice
1/2 cup orange juice (the freshly squeezed type, if available)
1/2 cup diet grapefruit juice soda (or diet 7 UP)
- Add all ingredients to a large glass and stir.
- Add ice as desired and serve.
Yield: 1 serving
Per serving: 125 calories, 1 g protein, 30 g carbohydrate, 0.4 g fat, 0 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 0.4 g fiber, 4 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 3%.
Recipes provided by Elaine Magee; © 2006 Elaine Magee
Elaine Magee, MPH, RD, is the "Recipe Doctor" for the WebMD Weight Loss Clinic and the author of numerous books on nutrition and health. Her opinions and conclusions are her own.